Reiki is a complementary therapy which can be covered on a Health Cash Plan from some providers in the UK. If you have this benefit as part of your policy it will mean you can claim cash back for treatment. There will be a benefit limit in place.
What is Reiki?
The UK Reiki Federation is one of the largest Reiki only professional associations. The Japanese word Reiki is translated as universal life force energy. It is a non-invasive complementary therapy that has been taught in the UK since the late 1900’s however, it has been used in Eastern medicine for thousands of years.
This treatment is given fully clothed in a quiet environment. Importantly it is safe for adults, children, mothers–to–be, as well as babies and animals.
What happens in a session of Reiki?
- A Reiki treatment is non-diagnostic, non-interventionist, non-manipulative and no pressure is applied.
- Your session is usually carried out lying down or sitting, in a comfortable and peaceful environment. You do not need to remove any clothing as Reiki energy passes easily through all materials, including plaster casts.
- The practitioner will place their hands gently on or over your body. There is no massage or manipulation. This therapy can also be given over a distance.
- You may experience Reiki as a flow of energy, mild tingling, warmth, coolness, other sensations, or nothing at all.
- Length of sessions may vary, but are usually half to one hour in duration.
- The Practitioner will take a short case history prior to discussing treatment options. A treatment plan will be discussed and agreed with you, and reviewed as necessary. This will always be subject to your own preferences. To ensure the treatment is beneficial it can be changed at any time in line with progress.
What can this complementary therapy be used to treat?
Reiki is used for both mental and physical conditions. It can have a positive effect on many illnesses and works alongside conventional medicine. It does not take the place of conventional medicine. You should always consult your GP for an acute or infectious condition, and problems of urgent concern.
For more information relating to Reiki please refer to the UK Reiki Federation website. They can provide you with an in-depth insight into the treatment. As well as this the website can help you to find a practitioner local to you.
The team at SMP Healthcare can help you find a cash plan to cover Reiki. If you would like to know more about cover for complementary therapies via a Cash Plan then please get in touch. We can help you find Cash Plan solutions alongside many other types of Health Insurance. Comparing the policies available to you will ensure you obtain a great option for your cover.
You can contact us on 0800 047 0127/ 01245 929129 or email email@example.com
Our staff will look forward to helping you.