An individual Cash Plan is a simple and effective way you can claim cash towards your everyday healthcare expenses, allowing you to take care of your health without having to spend a fortune doing so.
Health Shield are one of the UK’s leading providers of health cash plans and offer their individual cash plan known as Connect.
What is the Connect Health Cash Plan?
The Connect cash plan is Health Shield’s personal health cash plan which is available to individuals and provides access to a full range of everyday healthcare benefits and many complementary therapies, which can help improve your health and wellbeing.
You can claim towards:
– The cost of Optical care, including contact lenses, eyesight tests, new glasses or repairs to existing glasses
– Dental check-ups and treatment
– Therapy treatments, such as Physiotherapy, Chiropractic, Osteopathy, Acupuncture and Homeopathy
– A range of Health and Wellbeing treatments, including Acupressure, Allergy Testing, Aromatherapy
– Health Screening; &
– Many more benefits!
Who is eligible for an Individual Health Cash Plan?
Applications are accepted from anyone between the ages of 16 and 64, with dependent children covered FREE up to the age of 18 providing they are in full time education.
What if you have pre-existing medical conditions?
If you apply to join the Connect Health Cash Plan you will not be entitled to receive benefit for any pre-existing condition. Health Shield will tell you about any conditions that are not covered. Exclusions for pre-existing conditions may apply to the following benefits only.
- Hospital inpatient
- Hospital day surgery
- Parental hospital stay
- Physiotherapy, chiropractic, osteopathy, acupuncture and homoeopathy
- Specialist consultation, ECG, X-ray, pathology fees and MRI scans
How to make a claim on the Connect Health Cash Plan
Health Shield make claiming cashback quick and easy, with most valid claims being processed within two working days. With the option of either claiming online via their secure online service for receipt based claims or via a paper claim form, which you will need to print out, complete and post to Health Shield.
You can also claim cash back for your Private Medical Insurance excess, subject to the level of cover selected.
Important things to know about the Connect Health Cash Plan:
– You do not require a GP referral before having treatment.
– You have six levels of cover to choose from, with cover starting from just £6.80 a month (based on individual plan at access level).
– Separate annual benefit allowances for you and your partner (if covered). Shared annual benefit allowances for dependent children.
– Before going for treatment, make sure your practitioner has the necessary qualifications accepted by Health Shield before booking an appointment to ensure that Health Shield will accept your claim. This doesn’t include dentists and opticians but it does include physiotherapists, chiropodists, specialist consultants, fitness professionals and alternative therapists. If they don’t have one of the approved accreditations or qualifications on our list, Health Shield won’t be able to process your claim.
Information sourced – https://www.healthshield.co.uk/
How do I purchase an Individual Health Cash Plan?
SMP Healthcare Ltd can help find the right Cash Plan for your everyday healthcare needs and you can contact us on 0800 047 0127 or email email@example.com where our expert and free advice will help you find the plan that best suits your needs.