Dry January has been designed by Alcohol Concern. They are a national charity dedicated to help reduce the problems that can be caused by alcohol. Alcohol Concern was founded in 1984.
Every year the charity partners with charity partners who stand to benefit from people taking part and getting involved with the Dry January project. This year (2018) the official charity partners are:
- Action for Children
- Breast Cancer Now
- British Liver Trust
- Hospice UK
- World Cancer Research Fund
Why should you consider taking part in Dry January?
Alcohol is one of the biggest risk factors in the UK for ill-health, disability and death for people aged between 15 and 49.
With this in mind, taking part in the campaign can:
- Reset your relationship with alcohol
- It can enable you to sleep better
- Improve the condition of your skin
- Help you to lose weight
- Give you more money in your pocket (with the average person spending £50,000 on alcohol in their lifetime, this can make quite a difference)
- Help you to become healthier
- Give you a real sense of achievement
Why sign up to the Dry January challenge?
If you choose to sign up to the official Dry January you will be given help. This can be beneficial and assist you in completing the challenge.
Signing up to Dry January will give you:
- Access to their free app.
- Regular support emails with tips and tricks from experts to help you through the month
- On hand support for when you are struggling
The above information has been sourced from https://www.alcoholconcern.org.uk/dry-january and by clicking this link you will be able to find a whole host of further details of how you can join in and the benefits in doing so.