This week is Back Care Awareness Week and BackCare, the UK’s National Back Pain Association, has partnered with kidsbacks4thefuture, a multi award winning social enterprise, to educate children and young people about the importance of taking care of their backs during childhood and teenage years.
With many of the back and neck pain problems experienced by adults due to them not looking after their backs during childhood and teenage years, there are many ways we can teach children to take care of their backs and here are some effective tips provided by kidsbacks4thefuture, all of which can help prevent future back pain:
– Sit well – An S shape posture is a good healthy posture. It will improve what you do and reduce any pain or discomfort.
– Stretch well – Remember to take short regular breaks. Stand up, stretch out your back and hand muscles to avoid discomfort and stiffness. Adjust your position often.
– Read well – Keep your head upright and avoid looking down at your book, tablet or smart device as this will cause pain in your neck, shoulders and back.
– Carry well – Keep your body balanced, stand or sit upright and carry your bag on both shoulders.
– Feel well – Keeping active, exercising and eating health will help children to grow well.
What treatments are available for back pain?
There are many different treatments available for back pain, with the most commonly used treatments including:
– Chiropractic treatment
Information sourced from http://www.kidsbacks4thefuture.co.uk/
Both Private Medical Insurance schemes and Cash Plans often include cover for the above treatments, so if you have a policy in place or are considering purchasing one for the first time, the team at SMP Healthcare Ltd can help check your policy to see how you can access treatment for back pain. Simply contact us on 01245 929 129 or email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you.