Why you could choose General & Medical for your Private Medical Insurance ?
- Up to two pre-existing medical conditions covered
- Wide range of plans to choose from
- Health and Wellbeing Support Services and Lifestyle Rewards
- Assigned a named Health & Care Support Specialist
- Private Maternity benefit
- No – No Claims Discount
What private healthcare plans are available from General and Medical?
General & Medical offer a range of Individual Healthcare plans, so you choose a plan is right for you and your family. This is something the team at SMP Healthcare Ltd can help you with. General & Medical offer the following individual healthcare plans:
The Elite plan offers the highest level of cover out of all of their plans offered. This plan is ideal for those looking to cover all aspects of healthcare and includes cover for dentistry, optical services and GP visits. It also includes a variety of perks which include:
– Maternity services
– The costs of boarding your beloved pets, whilst you are in hospital.
– Prescription costs
– GP Minor Surgery
– Private GP Services
Lifestyle Standard & Lifestyle Plus
The premiums offered under these policies are lower than the Elite policy however, these plans still offer a good range of cover and include:
– Full cover for any in-patient admissions
– Enhanced cancer treatment
– Out-patient benefits
You can either opt for their Lifestyle plan or, if you would prefer higher limits for out-patient benefits and a few other perks you can opt for their Lifestyle Plus option.
Everyday & Everyday Plus
These policies are lower in cost than the plans noted above. You still have access to in-patient benefits but both plans have different pre-set amounts for cancer treatment. The cancer treatment limits increases over a course of five years up to a maximum benefit providing that no claims for cancer treatment are made.You can also access the following with claim limits depending on the cover level you choose.
– Out-patient cover for therapies
– Complementary Medicine
– Cover for cardiovascular conditions
Essentials & Essentials Plus
These plans tend to be the most cost effective. They offer you limited levels of cover and the benefits offered depend on the plan selected.
As an example, the Essentials plan has an annual overall maximum limit of £50,000 per person. A rule also applies to when you can claim for out-patient benefits as they are only available when relating to an in-patient admission. If you are wanting access to the following benefits you will need to opt for the Essentials Plus plan:
– Cancer cover
– Treatment for cardiovascular conditions
How you can tailor your health insurance plan from General and Medical:
The plans offered by General & Medical are not modular but they do offer a you a number of options. You can shape to fit your individual needs and circumstances with the options shown below:
– Choice of Hospitals – First Choice, Freedom or Premium
– Choice of Excess & Excess Type
– Travel Cover – Europe, Worldwide Exc. USA & Caribbean or Worldwide
– In-patient Mental Health Cover
– Pre-existing condition cover. You can choose up to two of the pre-defined conditions for an additional premium. T&C’s apply and cover is limited to a monetary amount.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Crohn’s Disease
- Fibrocystic Breast Disease
- Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Varicose Veins
Underwriting options from General and Medical:
General & Medical offer several different underwriting options. If you are new to insurance you can choose from either of the following options:
– Full Medical Underwriting
If you have a policy already in place you can look to join General & Medical on one of the following underwriting methods:
– Continued Personal Medical Exclusions (CPME)
– Continued Moratorium(CMORI)
The CPME or CMORI options you choose will depend on your current policies underwriting method.
Insure yourself today:
We hope you now have a clearer understanding of the Individual Private Medical Insurance plans offered by General & Medical and why they may be a suitable insurer for you and your family.
At SMP Healthcare Ltd we can help you to compare private health insurance policies from a number of insurers which could help you to save money on your health insurance.
You can contact us by phone or email – whatever works for you.
Our contact numbers are 01245 929 129 or 0800 047 0127 and you can reach us via email by emailing email@example.com.